The weather held up today and I woke up to a text from my neighbor: "They are working on your lot!"
So, I made an excuse to go over there (it's about 20 min away), and decided to take the stroller, the dog and my son's swim stuff over and I parked up at our lot. All the trees were gone except the massive big one that was right where our morning room will be. It looked really good! I'm happy with our view still, even without them.
We then walked about 10 min or so down to the pool and relaxed for a bit. My son is a water baby, he can't get enough! Afterwards, we stopped by the model to say hi before walking back up to the lot. When we got back up, they were clearing out all the fallen trees but the big one was still up.
About an hour later my neighbor texted me that they had just taken down the big one!
Then I got my weekly call from the PM/SR. The SR had no update but just to say hi, but the PM had lots of goodies for me to hear!
Tomorrow they will grade the lot, and the next day if need be.
Late this week we should see some footings up laying out the footprint of the house, and plumbing by the weekend.
Monday they will backfill it and Tuesday the foundation will be poured.
This is all if the weather keeps up but it was beautiful today and no thunderstorms so I hope it keeps up!
Ahhhh! That's so exciting!!! You and I seem to be at the same point in our home building process :) they were supposed to begin knocking down trees on our lot today and hoping to start digging at the end of this week! We're building a Ravenna by RH. I wish I knew my future neighbors like you do! We live out of state until our house is ready so the only updates and pics have to come from our PM or if family is nice enough to drive 30mins to take pictures for us :)
ReplyDeleteThis is such great news! You are on your way. Man, I wish our neighborhood was going to have a pool! Lucky ducks!
ReplyDeleteThings are moving, congrats!
ReplyDeleteGreat news ! That is awesome that you got to hang out at the pool with your son!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! Excited for you... Your neighbors are so cool to text you! That's very sweet.
ReplyDeleteAwesome news. I hear this is when things go really fast. You are so close to moving into your new home and rolling out of bed and going to the pool.
ReplyDelete