Thanks everyone for your sweet comments regarding me becoming an Aunt! So excited!
I got my weekly call from the SR/PM and the SR had no update, but the PM said that we should be seeing something happening by the end of the week. We have had a bout of bad weather, so now everyone is playing catch up so we got pushed toward the end of the week. Early next week we should start seeing the outline of the house in 2x4's and end of the week we should see some plumbing.
Then the week of the 27th, our foundation should be poured and we should get a delivery of lumber too.
So...hopefully when I go by later this week when I get back home, there will be something to see. I am trying every day to stay positive through this but we are 2 months delayed at this point, maybe more. Very very disappointing. Really hope we close by mid-Aug. Any later and then I will have to commute to take my son to preschool and I won't be a happy camper.
The silver lining is that because the VA appraisal was required beforehand, our loan is already in underwriting and should be out in a few days. I am sure there will be requests and things I need to get, but by the time we get everything squared away, our loan will be finished long before our house will. At least we won't be waiting on any kind of loan issues toward the end. I hope I didn't just jinx myself ;)
I am sure things will start moving along. We had the same situation our loan was approved well before the house started! One less stressfull thing we will have to worry about at the end :)
ReplyDeleteIt is great that something is starting for you. Also, that is really great news about the loan part. Hopefully, that headache will be behind you and you can just sit back, relax, and wait for the keys!
ReplyDeleteIs this the final approval or initial approval?
ReplyDeleteNot sure how it works with a VA loan; however, when you sit with your LO for the first time they are submitting your application for the initial approval and later towards the end of the build they do a final approval where they may ask for the same documents, another credit inquiry etc The final approval is done to be sure nothing has changed and the green light to get the "clear to close" letter/email for settlement day!