Sunday, May 19, 2013

come on already!!

We had rain today and it looks like scattered thunderstorms for most of next week.  I just can't wait to start seeing some major progress and I know they won't be able to do any foundation work with it raining.  Trying to stay positive but I feel like every day wasted is a day longer to closing.  September is a crazy busy month for us with travel for 2 weddings and I better be in my house long enough to enjoy it before we take off on these trips!!

While I was killing time waiting to go see the progress with the bobcat, I stopped in the design center to take some better pics of my samples.  I just love love love the graphite gray with black shutters and white trim!  No one else in the neighborhood has picked this (siding only) but I have seen variations of it with brick or stone.

Maple butterscotch  cabinets with New Caledonia granite

Kentucky stone for fireplace

Not so overly thrilled with the crappy closet doors...they just seem like bottom of the line to me and don't slide really smooth.

The central heat/air panel

Ahh the boob lights...these aren't so bad but I'm not in love

The design center

master closet...yawn.  hubby is going to have to make me some shelves and drawers...

At around 3pm on Friday, this is how it looked.
We stopped back by Saturday morning to see most of our little trees gone :( 

This is the closest picture I have found of what our house will look like elevation wise, except ours will be the reverse floorplan.   It is a little plain but I want to put a planter box on the bottom window to spruce it up and add some pretty landscaping and trees.  Plus we did the carriage style garage door which will add a bit more character.  I like our color scheme too though, I think it has a bit more contrast.

Here's to hoping for beautiful weather this week so they can get my lot cleared and ready for foundation!  Permit is in on the 22nd!

7 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed ! For great weather!!! You made some great choices!! I see the boob lights have changed and honestly they look much better than the old ones. The old foyer boob light looks like a double FF and the flush mounts look like double DDs! LOL I am still looking for my replacements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love those siding selections!! Those are our exact choices!! Check out our blog for some real life pictures of that color combination. The little samples just don't do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selections! Your design center looks much better stocked than ours!! As Nadase said.... fingers crossed for great weather :-)

    I'm still second guessing everything we chose. Looks like we are first one to build our model in whole country or the first once who selected the Farmington brick color! I wish I could see some blogs with our model!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your siding shutter combination. It is very elegant. I am hoping they have updated the boob lights when they build our house. I like the new ones better. Maybe that will be our concession for waiting so long, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! The boob light. Well done. Great choices for the siding, shutters, and the stone. You have some choices that I do not believe were available when we signed off on the colors. Those cabinets look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We picked the same counter tops! They just released that granite in our neighborhood. So we are excited to see it in the kitchen :) I love your color choices. We are building a Florence as well. sperkins0306.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last picture looks very familiar! =) Unfortunately, we were very limited on color choices... pretty much all of our options were some shade of tan and we all got almond trim whether we wanted it or not. We also didn't get a choice on the garage door or I totally would have had the carriage style door. Now that they are building in phase 2 in our development, they are allowing the cottage elevations. I totally would have chosen one of those too if it was an option, but our only elevation options were B or C when we built.

    I think your siding/shutter/trim combination will look really good together.

    ReplyDelete